Opposition supporters held a nationwide protest on Saturday in a bid to keep up the pressure on president Nicolás Maduro after the international community widely recognised self-proclaimed interim president Juan Guaidó as the legitimate president.
More from my site
- Nicolás Maduro Expels Top U.S. Diplomats from Venezuela
CARACAS, Venezuela — Fresh off his re-election in what critics called a rigged vote, President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela on Tuesday ordered the top American diplomat and his deputy […]
- Video Shows Drone Attack on Maduro in Venezuela
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela was the target of an assassination attempt on Saturday, administration officials said.
- How the Drone Attack on Maduro Unfolded in Venezuela
It started with a nervous look to the sky. Two minutes later, two drones exploded. We analyzed videos and photos to show how a speech by President Nicolás Maduro ended in an apparent […]
- Venezuela Opposition Declares Maduro Illegitimate, and Urges Defections
CARACAS, Venezuela — Leaders of Venezuela’s opposition on Tuesday set in motion a plan to try to oust President Nicolás Maduro and create a caretaker government until new elections can […]
- Venezuela Is in Crisis. So How Did Maduro Secure a Second Term?
CARACAS, Venezuela — President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela is set to be inaugurated on Thursday for the second time, extending his term in office to 2025, after winning an election last […]
- Salt Bae Serves Maduro as Venezuela Suffers
Video footage released Monday showed a performance like the one that launched Nusret Gokce to stardom. But within a matter of hours, Mr. Gokce, a celebrity chef better known as Salt […]
- Venezuela Accuses U.S. of Plotting Coup Against Maduro
Venezuela and one of its allies accused the United States on Saturday of plotting against its president, Nicolás Maduro, who has presided over a near collapse of the country.Jorge […]
- A Closer Look at the Drone Attack on Maduro in Venezuela
The drone attack on President Nicolás Maduro during a speech at a military parade on Aug. 4 was shrouded in intrigue: Who did it? How did it happen? That was partly because the state TV […]