Examining The Link Between Climate And Weather
It was this year when scientists ratcheted up their warnings about the effects of a warming climate on weather. And the weather itself showed that scientists’ predictions are getting better.
More from my site
- The Role Climate Change Plays In Weather Extremes : NPR
After a week of record-cold temperatures, NPR's Michel Martin speaks with climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe about how climate change is leading to more weather extremes.
- UK weather: Why this isn't a heatwave… yet
People across the UK have been enjoying unusually warm weather, but when can we call it a heatwave?
- Hot weather reveals hidden history to archaeologists
The UK heatwave has been good for aerial archaeologists spotting hidden treasures in the dry fields.
- Disastrous Effects Of Climate Change Are Happening Now, Report Says
The U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a new report. Noel King talks to Kristie Ebi, a co-author of the report, about what it says about the consequences of […]
- Extreme weather ‘potentially catastrophic’ for bats
- Springtime Weather Finally Warms Up Inland Alaska : NPR
Geese, ducks and swans at Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge in Fairbanks, Alaska on April 26. The refuge […]
- Young will pick up climate change bill, advisers warn
- How Climate Change Is Affecting Alaska's Military Radar Stations
At the farthest edge of North America, across the Bering Strait from Russia, U.S. military radar stations are threatened by the consequences of climate change.