Is the US-Turkey crisis beyond repair?
US President Donald Trump has doubled trade tariffs on Turkey, prompting Ankara to threaten finding new allies.
More from my site
- Opinion | Erdogan: How Turkey Sees the Crisis With the U.S.
Unilateral actions against Turkey by the United States will undermine American interests and force Turkey to look for other friends and allies.By Recep Tayyip ErdoganMr. Erdogan is the […]
- Turkey’s Currency Crisis Tests Erdogan’s Authoritarian Approach
ISTANBUL — President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has long made clear that he considered no part of Turkish life beyond his reach, not least the economy.Even before he was re-elected in June […]
- In Turkey Economic Crisis, Erdogan Is His Own Megaphone, Blaming the West
ISTANBUL — On the single worst day in the collapse of the Turkish lira, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived late in the evening in a small town, stepped up on the runner of his car, […]
- Turkey doubles tariffs on some US goods amid rising tensions | USA News
Turkey doubled tariffs on some imports from the United States - such as passenger cars, alcohol and tobacco - in what it said was retaliation for "deliberate attacks" on its […]
- EU warns of curtailing rights under Turkey’s state of emergency | Turkey
The measures undertaken by Turkey under an almost two-year-old state of emergency have curtailed civil and political rights, according to a critical European Union report, which […]
- U.S. Will Not Spend $230 Million Allocated to Repair Devastated Syrian Cities
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration announced Friday that it had decided against spending $230 million earmarked to help stabilize Syria, the United States’ latest step back from a […]
- Turkey willing to talk with US as equals over tariffs and pastor | Turkey News
Turkey says its ready to enter talks with the United States regarding the ongoing trade and diplomatic disputes.The US insists that the steel tariffs are not related to Turkey's […]
- Iran: Drought epidemic fuels water crisis | Iran News
Iran has a chronic shortage of water. It is estimated there is some form of drought in 97 percent of the country.Some blame the weather, others think it is a US conspiracy and […]