Review: A Housekeeper Claims Center Stage in ‘Member of the Wedding’
Roslyn Ruff gives a wondrous performance in the Williamstown Theater Festival revival of the Carson McCullers play.
More from my site
- Review: ‘Frame by Frame,’ a Ballet That Puts a Filmmaker Center Stage
This is where we sense McLaren best as an imaginative artist: the appraising eye, the tender pen. Mr. Côté’s choreography almost always keeps McLaren as a character in a Chaplin movie […]
- Review: A Spanish Stage Provocateur Makes a Blood-Dripping Debut
Angélica Liddell in her challenging but transfixing theater work “Esta Breve Tragedia de la Carne (This Brief Tragedy of the Flesh).”
- Review: ‘There’s Blood at the Wedding’ Keeps Outrage Alive Onstage
Rage runs throughout “There’s Blood at the Wedding,” and it’s an anger that both energizes and overwhelms this hourlong mixed-media show.Theodora Skipitares, the creator and director, […]
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Claims Trump Faked A Bizarre Phone Call During Rehearsals
“Saturday Night Live” cast member Pete Davidson claims President Donald Trump faked a congratulatory phone call during rehearsals for his November 2015 hosting appearance.
“He was […]
- Mind and Body Take Center Stage at This Year’s London Design Biennale
LONDON — Never before have our emotions lurked so close to the surface.This is the era of emojis, a time when our emotional lives are played out on social media and when a nation’s […]
- Kavanaugh Hearings Live Updates: Abortion Documents Take Center Stage
The documents do not indicate how Judge Kavanaugh would rule, but they are fodder for Democratic questioning. Senator Dianne Feinstein of California, the ranking Democrat on […]
- Review: Alvin Ailey Returns to Lincoln Center With a Tribute to Women
The notion that female choreographers are underrepresented at major dance companies has hit the mainstream, so much so that just about any program with the word “women” in its title is […]
- Falling for the Lure of the Stage. The Backstage.
Natalie Soto and her brother, Christian, joined a training program at Roundabout Theater Company that aims to diversify the ranks of theater workers.