The curious case of an Australian home’s randomly flushing toilet had a ssss-urprising conclusion.
Residents of a house in Doonan, Queensland, were stunned to discover a brown tree snake resting on top of the toilet’s electronic flush mechanism, inside the wall.
Snake-catcher Luke Huntley was called to deal with the critter, and shared footage of the animal’s removal on Facebook:
The U.S. Geological Survey describes brown tree snakes as “mildly venomous.”
They are “not considered dangerous to an adult human and no known deaths have occurred,” USGS adds. “Young children can have reactions to tree snake bites.”