My husband and I are marching because this is a historic moment and we want to be able to say we played our part no matter what the outcome. It is a chance for us to get out of our bubble down here and show the kids that the world is bigger and it is important to make a stand for what you believe in.
Our eldest son has just started to be aware of politics and what it means and this is a great opportunity for him to see and hear the views of the speakers today. He was keen to be involved especially since finding out some of his friends are also going.
Our youngest son is fascinated by the sound of a ‘march’ and wondered if it would be violent but we assured him it will be a peaceful protest.
More from my site
- About 100,000 people fill streets in central London for anti-Brexit march – video | Politics
Tens of thousands attended the demonstration marking the second anniversary of the EU referendum. Some marched in the hope of stopping Brexit, some just wanted to have a second […]
- Hundreds of thousands attend People's Vote march in London – video
Organisers say more than 600,000 people rallied in central London on Saturday to call for a referendum on the final Brexit dealPeople's Vote march: 'more than half a million' rally for […]
- Anti-Brexit protest: thousands march two years after referendum | Politics
A roar of pro-European chants rose up above Pall Mall and across the royal parks as tens of thousands attended an anti-Brexit march marking the second anniversary of the EU […]
- Anti-Brexit march to draw tens of thousands to London | Politics
Tens of thousands of people are expected to descend on Westminster for an anti-Brexit demonstration on Saturday that organisers say is the start of a “strategic pivot” away from […]
- It may not stop Brexit. But I’m glad I joined the march for a People’s Vote | Ian Jack | Opinion
“March” is the wrong word. It suggests energy, discipline, a band playing a tune by John Philip Sousa, and also a fair distance cover ed; Mao’s Long March went on for 8,000 miles, at […]
- Britons March in London to Demand Second Brexit Vote
LONDON — “Hello, and welcome aboard the People’s Vote express from Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington,” Sally Patterson, 23, said into the microphone, before handing it back to […]
- Thousands of Brexit Protesters March in London on Referendum Anniversary
Tens of thousands of Britons opposed to the country’s withdrawal from the European Union marched through the streets of London on Saturday to demand a vote on the final Brexit deal.The […]
- Women’s March 2019: thousands to protest across US | US news
Thousands of protesters will take to the streets across the US on Saturday to resist Donald Trump and stand up for women’s rights at the third annual Women’s March.
Though this year’s […]