But how big was it really? Painstaking drawings of street protests
Joy Gerrard takes news photographs of protesting crowds and re-creates them in incredible detail in ink and pencil
More from my site
- Protests in Paris, May 1968 – photographs then and now | Art and design
As Paris exploded in mass protests, words scrawled on the walls of the Sorbonne summed up the revolutionary zeal: “Run free, comrade, we’ve left the old world behind!” Fifty years on, […]
- Gaza-Israel border calm one day after deadly protests – video | World news
The Gaza-Israel border was relatively calm on Saturday, a day after tens of thousands Palestinian protesters gathered and Israeli soldiers shot 773 people, killing at least 15, […]
- Gun violence protests around the world – in pictures
Thousands of protestors gather for the March for Our Lives rally in Washington and beyond, demanding for the reform of Americas firearms lawsMarch for Our Lives: hundreds of thousands […]
- Shock as Armenia’s prime minister steps down after 11 days of protests | World news
For 11 days, the opposition pressure mounted against Serzh Sargsyan, Armenia’s most powerful politician. But few expected he would go so quietly.
Sargsyan, the country’s prime […]
- One killed and hundreds injured in French anti-Macron protests | World news
One protester has died and more than a hundred were injured after a nationwide wave of peaceful protests aimed at French president Emmanuel Macron turned to tragedy.
Demonstrators from […]
- A Texas Democrat’s words of support for the NFL protests have gone viral | US news
The question is, how do you feel about NFL players who take a knee during the national anthem? And is it disrespectful to this country, to the flag, to service members who are right […]
- ‘We will not be silenced’: Bolsonaro opponents pledge widespread protests | World news
Opponents of Brazil’s newly elected far-right president, Jair Bolsonaro, have vowed to hit the streets to oppose the intolerance and violence they fear he will inflict upon the world’s […]
- Police begin second wave of arrests in London climate protests | Environment
Police have moved in to begin arresting climate activists blocking Waterloo Bridge in central London.
Hundreds of people had occupied the crossing – and three other sites in central […]