Amy Hunter: In What Ways Does Privilege Determine How "Lucky" We Are?
How do zip codes indicate luck? Amy Hunter examines how where we live determines the resources and opportunities we receive—and how society is designed to keep some people from being “lucky.”
(Image credit: Laurie Waters)
More from my site
- ‘Guns, germs and trees’ determine gorilla’s fate
Terence Fuh Neba, WWF Central African Republic
- Planet-hunter launches from Florida – BBC News
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Media captionA clean getaway for Tess and its Falcon 9 rocket launchIt's lift-off for a new era in […]
- The Thing Inside Your Cells That Might Determine How Long You Live
Once there was a mutant worm in an experiment. It lived for 46 days. This was much longer than the oldest normal worm, which lived just 22. Researchers identified the mutated gene that […]
- Alaska Hunter Who Killed Cubs in Bear Den Gets 3 Months in Jail
When a father-and-son hunting pair from Alaska poached a black bear mother and her two newborn cubs in their den last year, they initially seemed to get away with it.There was little […]
- U.S. Hunter Kills ‘Beautiful’ Goat. Now Scotland Is Scrutinizing Its Laws.
Larysa Switlyk’s Instagram image of the carcass with the words “fun hunt!!” drew condemnation on social media, including from the mother of the Scottish tennis star Andy Murray.LONDON — […]
- Watch NASA Launch TESS, Its Latest Planet Hunter
There’s a great world next door. Let’s go.The search for alien worlds and perhaps alien life will take another step outward on Monday when TESS, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey […]
- White House Cites Executive Privilege to Withhold 100,000 Pages of Kavanaugh Records
WASHINGTON — The Trump White House, citing executive privilege, is withholding from the Senate more than 100,000 pages of records from Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s time as a lawyer in the […]
- The Federal Reserve will determine whether or not to raise short-term interest rates
The Federal Reserve has wrapped up 2018 with a key interest rate hike, the fourth such increase this year and another dent in the wallets of American borrowers.
Savers, on the other […]