Meet the ‘People’s Pig of the Northeast.’ It Might Get Buried Alive.
The swine’s plight stems from a clash between efforts to save a rare breed and a drive to modernize farming. A Rockefeller scion may save them.
More from my site
- Buried Alive Beneath a Road? An Australian Artist Explains.
SYDNEY, Australia — On Thursday evening, Australian artist Mike Parr buried himself alive under a busy road in Hobart, the capital of the Australian state of Tasmania.For 72 hours Mr. […]
- Australia Artist Is Buried Alive to Symbolize Historic Cover-Up
HOBART, Australia — The Australian performance artist Mike Parr walked through a cheering crowd on Thursday, climbed down a ladder and disappeared into a hole cut into the street.As he […]
- How a Low-Carb Diet Might Aid People With Type 1 Diabetes
Dr. Carrie Diulus, an orthopedic surgeon with Type 1 diabetes who follows a low-carb vegan diet, credits the Bernstein approach with helping her keep her blood sugar under control. “It […]
- Shang Might Not Be In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Mulan,’ And People Aren’t Taking It Well
Longtime fans of the animated Disney movie “Mulan” aren’t too pleased with how the beloved film is being adapted.
The upcoming live-action version of “Mulan,” slated for a March 27, […]
- An Indonesia Quake Buried Him in a Mosque. He Dug Out with a Chunk of Debris.
LADING-LADING, Indonesia — He was in the front row praying with his brother-in-law when the mosque began to shake. Narto Aryadi clutched his arms around a large column and held […]
- Afghanistan Delays Election in Province as Key Security Leader Is Buried
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — As mourners carried a slain anti-Taliban police chief through the streets of this Afghan city gripped with grief and fear on Friday, the immediate consequences […]
- ‘Shocked’ by Attack on Mosque, Nigeria Tightens Security in Northeast
Dr. Edgar Sakawa, the director of the hospital in Mubi, said that most of the wounded were adults and that 11 victims had been transported to a larger, federal hospital in Yola […]
- Something Digs Intricate Tunnels in Garnets. Is It Alive?
TrilobitesThe deep red gems have long been found marred with internal markings. Researchers propose a new explanation involving fungal microorganisms who have found a nice place to […]