Review: In ‘Wildlife,’ Passions Run Rampant
The film, directed by Paul Dano and starring Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal, is a domestic drama both sad and terrifying.
More from my site
- The Week in Arts: ‘Wildlife,’ Terrence McNally, American Ballet Theater
Film: Carey Mulligan in Paul Dano’s Directorial DebutOct. 19.Paul Dano — his face unconventional, his demeanor unassuming — is often the most interesting actor in a scene. And with […]
- When a Young Immigrant Vanishes in London, Can a Wildlife Biologist Help?
HAPPINESS By Aminatta Forna 312 pp. Atlantic Monthly Press. $26.On London’s Waterloo Bridge, Dr. Attila Asare, a Ghanaian psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of […]
- On Soccer: In Buenos Aires, a Rivalry Stretches Passions to the Limit
When the city rivals River Plate and Boca Juniors meet in Saturday’s Copa Libertadores final, all of Argentina will be watching. But on both sides, dreams of victory are matched only by […]
- The Lizard King: Illegal Wildlife Trade’s Poster Boy | Malaysia
The illegal trade in wildlife is thought to be worth at least $19bn a year, a sum rivalled only by the black markets in drugs, counterfeit goods and people.
But while drugs and people […]
- Review: Carey Mulligan Tells a Harrowing Tale of ‘Girls & Boys’
These aspects of her life are described directly to the audience as Ms. Mulligan stands on an empty stage with nothing but her expressive frame and face to define the busy world she is […]
- Wildlife photo competition disqualifies ‘stuffed anteater’ image
- Religious-based financial fraud is rampant. Here’s how to fight it
Of all the ways scammers can steal your money, experts agree the most difficult frauds to combat are the ones that seek to turn your own faith against […]
- New York Confronts Rampant Smoking Among Chinese Men
Reflecting a global trend, Chinese men in New York City smoke at much higher rates than men or women in any other ethnic group — and deaths from lung cancer among them have soared.As a […]